Yesterday, NTU held a four hour long live show, in which 24 semifinalists performed. From these 24, 10 have managed to impress the jury and make it through to the final. One of them will go on to represent Ukraine at the 2017 Junior Eurovision Contest, in Tbilisi.
The Jury and Junior Eurovision finalists announced
A five person Jury was responsible for deciding who would make it through to the final. They included Sofia Rol, Svitlana Tarabova, Valentyn Koval, Rozhden and Viktor Knysh.
After all 24 entries performed, the 10 artists lucky enough to move on were
1. Veronika Kovalenko- “In My Dream”
2. Sofia Lozina- “I believe”
3. Sofia Bondarenko- “Music of your soul”
4. Darina Halycka- “Angels”
5. Duet Glamurchik- “Where are you and me”
6. Sofia Shkidchenko- “Yo de ley”
7. Polina Ryzhak- “On Your Way”
8. Anastasiya Baginska- “Do not stop”
9. Fedir Sklyarenko- “Come on, sing”
10. Nina Boikova- “Dream is Near”
When will the final take place?
The National final is due to take place on the 25th of August. It will be broadcast live on YouTube, So Junior Eurovision fans will be able to watch it from the comfort of their living room.
Ukraine were represented by Sofia Rol last year, with her entry “Planet craves for love”. She finished in 14th place with a total of 30 points. You can relive her live performance below!
What are your thoughts on the 10 finalists? Who is your favourite? Do you think Ukraine can win Junior Eurovision once again? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!