The Eesti Laul 2019 semifinalists were revealed today. The line-up includes many familiar names, including Estonia’s Eurovision 2013 representative Birgit and 2014 representative Tanja as part of the group The Swingers.
Stig returns as songwriter
Stig Rästa, who has taken part in Estonia’s national selection every year since 2013 either as a singer or a songwriter, returns again as a songwriter. The song “Storm” is performed by Victor Crone, who has previously taken part in Melodifestivalen 2015. He performed the song “De rår vi inte för” with Behrang Miri but failed to reach the final.
Estonia’s Eurovision 2013 representative Birgit and 2014 representative Tanja take part together with the group The Swingers. Tanja has written their song together with Timo Vendt and Mihkel Mattisen.
Sandra Nurmsalu also returns after representing the country in Eurovision 2009 with the band Urban Symphony. She also took part in Eesti Laul 2014.
Eesti Laul 2019 semifinalists
- Kerli Kivilaan – Cold Love, written by Kerli Kilivlaan, Egert Milder, Andres Köpper
- Kadiah – Believe, written by Kadi Poll
- Sofia Rubina-Hunter – Deep Water, written by Sofia Rubina-Hunter, Jaanika Tenn, Oljana Kalsson
- Inger – Coming Home, written by Inger Fridolin, Karl-Ander Reismann
- The Swingers – High Heels in the Neighbourhood, written by Tanja Mihhailova, Timo Vendt, Mihkel Mattisen
- Around The Sun – Follow Me Back, written by Daniel Rukovitskin, Georg Eessaar
- Lacy Jay – Halleluja, written by Ago Teppand, Laxy Nicole Jones, Hugo Martin Maasikas
- Synne Valtri – I’ll Do It My Way, written by Sünne Waltri
- Iseloomad – Kaks miinust, written by Vilho Meier, Siim Randveer
- Grete Paia – Kui isegi kaotan, written by Grete Paia, Mihkel Mattisen, Timo Vendt, Kerli Puusepp
- Jennifer Cohen – Little Baby El, written by Chris Hierro, Jennifer Marisse Vohen, Luisa Lõhmus
- Cätlin Mägi & Jaan Pehk – Parmumäng, written by Cätlin Mmagi & Jaan Pehk
- xtra basic & Emili J – Hold Me Close, written by Andrei Zeakin, Igor Volhonski
- Johanna Eendra – Miks sa teed nii?, written by Johanna Eendra, Joosep Eendra
- Lumevär ft. INGA – Miline päev, written by Margus Piik, Kermo Hert, Jana Hallas
- Uku Suviste – Pretty Little Liar, written by Uku Suviste, Oliver Mazurtshak
- Marko Kaar – Smile, written by Marko Kaar, Egert Kanep
- Sandra Nurmsalu – Soovide puu, written by Priit Pajusaar, Sandra Nurmsalu, Aapo Ilves
- Victor Crone – Storm, written by Stig Rästa, Valio Kikas, Victor Crone, Fred Krieger
- Ranele – Supernova, written by Marek Rosenberg, Lauri Lembinen, Marco Margna, Anne Loho
- Stefan – Without You, written by Stefan Airapetjan, Karl-Ander Reismann
- Kaia Tamm – Wo sing die Katzen?, written by Kaia Tamm
- Öed – Öhuloss, written by Tuuli Rand, Kristel Aaslaid, Bert Prikenfeld, Egert Milder
- Sissi – Strong, written by Karl-Ander Reismann, Sissi Nylia Benita
The final on February 16th
The songs will be released for people to hear on December 1st. The 24 semifinalists were chosen from 216 submissions.
The first semifinal of Eesti Laul 2019 will take place on January 31st and the second semifinal on February 2nd. Six songs from both semifinals will qualify to the final. Estonia will choose their Eurovision 2019 representative on February 16th.