Sveriges Radio have revealed the eight finalists for P4 Nästa 2018. One of the prizes for winning the competition will be the opportunity to compete at Melodifestivalen 2019.
Sveriges Radio have described the acts as offering everything from “pop and modern rock to a country ballad and nostalgic synthpop”. The eight acts were selected from the winners of local P4 Nästa selections held across all of the regional P4 stations in Sweden. The public online voting has already started, with the final taking place on August 25. A jury will also be voting during the live broadcast.
- Beside The Bridge – Cool Kid
- Spring City – Back On Our Streets
- The Lovers Of Valdaro – Lost Forever
- Patricia Birgersso – Här Och Nu
- Ewelina Westin – Fading Light
- Josias Andersson – En Kort Sekund
- Amandine X – Beautiful Mess
- Jahr – Magic
Melodifestivalen winners announced as guests
Melodifestivalen winners Benjamin Ingrosso (2018) and Anna Bergendahl (2010) will be performing at the P4 Nästa 2018 live final, as well as last year’s P4 Nästa winner Stiko Per Larsson. Stiko competed in Melodifestivalen 2018 with his song ‘Titta vi flyger’.